Employer: BIO Intelligence Service
Start date: as soon as possible
Location: Paris, France
Duration: Permanent contract (CDI)
BIO Intelligence Service
BIO Intelligence Service (BIO) is a research and environmental consultancy which works at the interface between science, public policy and corporate strategies in the field of environment and sustainable development. BIO conducts studies in the field of public policy and environmental strategies for public and private clients such as the European Commission and European Parliament, European Environment Agency, the French Agency for Environment and Energy Management (ADEME), environment ministries, NGOs and major companies and organisations from various sectors worldwide. For more complete description of recent studies, please visit our website www.biois.com/en
The candidate will be responsible for execution and management of economic studies in the field of public policies in France and Europe, on topics related to natural resource management and sustainable development. Depending on the study, different outcomes will be expected:
- Cost-benefit analysis of public policies using appropriate methods (valuation of ecosystem services, environmentally extended input-output analysis, etc.),
- Development of recommendations for public policies in the field of sustainable production and consumption,
- Modelling as well as micro and macroeconomic analysis,
- Organisation, processing and analysis of data from external databases or those developed within the context of the project (data cleaning, constructing relevant indicators, descriptive statistics, multidimensional analysis using linear regression methods, factor analysis, etc.).
- Graduate from a top-flight university with a PhD or Masters Degree in economics, applied economics or environmental economics, you have significant experience in the completion of economic studies ideally in the field of environmental public policies.
- You have experience in project management
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken, and you have excellent writing skills (certified by writing reports, working documents, research articles etc.)
- You have a strong interest for environmental issues, sustainable development and related public policies at national, European and international level
- You are an independent , open-minded and proactive person, you are at ease working in international and multicultural environment
- You are fluent in standard statistical software (STATA, SAS, R, Matlab or equivalent)
How to apply?
Applications (CV and cover letter) should be sent to email@example.com with “Senior Economist” in the email subject line.
Applications will be reviewed progressively until a suitable candidate is found. We therefore invite you to apply as soon as possible.